Saturday, 15 August 2026

IELTS New 2026 Speaking Task 1 Band 7.5

IELTS New 2026 Speaking Task 1 Band 7.5



1. OPENING WINDOWS

Q1. Do you usually open the windows in your home?
Of course, I generally do that for a while every morning.
It allows fresh, crisp air to circulate indoors.
The whole room feels much more pleasant afterwards.
It also creates a bright and airy atmosphere.

Q2. When do you prefer to have the windows open?
For sure, early mornings are my favourite time for this.
The temperature is usually mild and comfortable then.
There is often a gentle breeze without excessive heat.
It feels like a refreshing way to begin the day.

Q3. Do you like sleeping with a window open?
Not particularly, especially during the night.
Traffic and neighbourhood sounds can be quite disruptive.
I also prefer maintaining a comfortable temperature while asleep.
So I normally keep everything closed until morning.

Q4. Have your window-opening habits changed?
Definitely, my routine has changed quite a bit.
I used to rely heavily on air conditioning for comfort.
These days, I appreciate natural ventilation much more.
I also try to reduce unnecessary electricity consumption.


---

2. SHOPPING BASKETS AND TROLLEYS

Q1. Do you usually use a basket or a trolley when shopping?
It depends mainly on how much I intend to buy.
For a large grocery run, I choose something with plenty of space.
For just a few essentials, I prefer something compact and lightweight.
That makes the whole trip considerably easier.

Q2. Which one do you find more convenient?
Personally, the smaller option is more practical for me.
It is light, manageable and easy to manoeuvre.
I can quickly pick up a few necessities and leave.
There is little point in using something bulky for a tiny purchase.

Q3. Do you ever carry a basket for a long time?
Occasionally, particularly when the store is crowded.
I sometimes end up carrying one around for half an hour.
After a while, it becomes surprisingly tiring.
At that point, I definitely wish I had chosen the alternative.

Q4. Did you use shopping trolleys when you were a child?
Absolutely, I often accompanied my parents on grocery trips.
I found those large metal carts quite fascinating as a child.
Sometimes I even pretended that I was driving one.
Those simple outings are quite nostalgic now.


---

3. KITCHEN TIMERS

Q1. Do you ever use a timer when you are doing something?
Definitely, I frequently rely on one while preparing meals.
It is useful whenever something requires precise timing.
I also use it occasionally to remind myself about short tasks.
It prevents me from becoming distracted.

Q2. What do you usually use a timer for?
Mainly, I rely on one while baking or preparing rice.
Certain dishes require accurate cooking times to turn out properly.
I sometimes use one during short study or work sessions too.
It helps me stay focused and organised.

Q3. Do you prefer using your phone or a separate timer?
Personally, I use my phone because it is always nearby.
There is no need to keep another device in the kitchen.
Its alarm is also clear and sufficiently loud.
A traditional device is useful, but I find it less practical.

Q4. Have you ever forgotten something because you didn’t set a timer?
Unfortunately, that has happened to me a few times.
Once, I became absorbed in another task while cooking.
By the time I remembered, the food was slightly overcooked.
Since then, I have become much more careful about reminders.


---

4. CLOTHES LABELS

Q1. Do you usually look at the labels inside your clothes?
Of course, I normally check them before buying something new.
The material matters because I prefer comfortable, breathable fabrics.
I also examine the recommended care instructions.
That helps me avoid high-maintenance purchases.

Q2. What information on a clothing label is important to you?
For me, the fabric composition is probably the most useful detail.
I prefer materials that are soft, durable and easy to maintain.
The washing instructions are important as well.
They tell me how much special care the garment requires.

Q3. Have you ever bought something without checking its label?
Certainly, especially when I've been in a hurry.
On one occasion, I purchased a shirt without examining the details.
It turned out to require rather delicate treatment.
Since then, I have become much more careful before purchasing clothes.

Q4. Do you think clothing labels are easy to understand?
To some extent, although certain ones can be confusing.
Basic details are generally straightforward and easy to follow.
However, some care symbols look rather complicated.
Clearer explanations would make things easier for ordinary shoppers.


---

5. CARRYING TISSUES

Q1. Do you usually carry tissues with you?
Absolutely, I almost always keep a small packet in my bag.
They are compact, inexpensive and incredibly useful.
I might need them while travelling, eating or dealing with a spill.
So I consider them an everyday essential.

Q2. When do you normally need them?
I tend to use them while travelling or eating outside.
They are particularly handy when something gets spilled unexpectedly.
They are also useful during dusty outdoor trips.
Having them nearby provides extra convenience.

Q3. Did you carry tissues when you were younger?
Not really, because I didn't think much about practical necessities.
My parents usually carried anything I might need.
As I became more independent, I started preparing for myself.
Now leaving home without them feels slightly inconvenient.

Q4. Do people in your area usually carry them?
I would say they are fairly common among people here.
Many keep a small packet in a handbag, backpack or vehicle.
They are particularly handy during hot and dusty weather.
I often notice people carrying them during their daily travels.


---

6. CHECKING EXPIRY DATES

Q1. Do you usually check expiry dates before buying something?
For sure, I make a habit of examining them before purchasing food.
I prefer buying fresh and safe products whenever possible.
It only takes a few seconds to inspect the packaging.
That small precaution can prevent unnecessary waste.

Q2. Which products do you check most carefully?
I pay particular attention to dairy products and packaged food.
Such items can deteriorate relatively quickly.
I also examine medicines and other goods with limited shelf lives.
I think this is simply a sensible precaution.

Q3. Have you ever used something after its expiry date?
Unfortunately, I've done that accidentally once or twice.
I only noticed the date after using the product.
Fortunately, there did not seem to be any obvious problem.
Since then, I have become far more vigilant.

Q4. Do you think people pay enough attention to expiry dates?
Probably not, especially when they are rushing through a shop.
Some consumers simply assume packaged goods are still usable.
Others may overlook the tiny print on containers.
Greater awareness could reduce avoidable waste and health risks.


---

7. KEEPING A SHOPPING LIST

Q1. Do you usually make a list before going shopping?
Definitely, I normally prepare one before a large grocery trip.
It helps me remember essential household necessities.
It also prevents unnecessary impulse purchases.
Overall, it makes the entire trip much more organised.

Q2. What do you normally write on it?
I usually include groceries, cleaning products and household essentials.
Sometimes I arrange everything into categories to save time.
I also add anything that has completely run out.
That makes moving around the store much more efficient.

Q3. Do you sometimes forget to take your list with you?
Occasionally, I leave it sitting on the kitchen counter.
It tends to happen when I'm rushing out of the house.
Then I have to rely on my memory, which is not always reliable.
I usually remember most things, but not absolutely everything.

Q4. Did you make shopping lists when you were younger?
Not really, because my purchases were much simpler back then.
I generally accompanied my parents and followed their choices.
There was hardly any need for detailed planning.
Nowadays, my household responsibilities are far more demanding.


---

8. OPENING PACKAGES

Q1. Do you enjoy opening packages?
Absolutely, I find the whole process quite satisfying.
There is a little sense of anticipation when something new arrives.
I particularly enjoy receiving things I ordered online.
It creates a small, enjoyable moment during an ordinary day.

Q2. Is there anything you find difficult to open?
Definitely, tightly sealed plastic containers can be extremely frustrating.
Sometimes I have to use scissors or another tool.
It becomes especially annoying when the contents are fragile.
I wish manufacturers used simpler, more user-friendly designs.

Q3. Do you usually open packages immediately?
Usually, especially when I have been waiting for a delivery.
I'm naturally quite curious about new purchases.
However, I sometimes leave them aside when I'm busy.
In that situation, I deal with them later when I have time.

Q4. Have you ever received a package that was difficult to open?
Yes—well, I have, particularly with heavily taped parcels.
I once spent several minutes trying to get through the outer layer.
It became increasingly frustrating as I struggled with it.
Fortunately, everything inside was perfectly intact.


---

9. KEEPING THINGS IN POCKETS

Q1. Do you often keep things in your pockets?
Of course, I usually carry my phone, keys and some cash that way.
It is quick and convenient, particularly when I'm outside.
I don't have to keep opening a bag for small essentials.
However, I avoid putting too many items there.

Q2. What do you normally carry in them?
I generally have my phone and house keys with me.
Sometimes I also carry a cardholder or a few coins.
I prefer keeping the contents light and minimal.
Bulky clothing can become uncomfortable quite quickly.

Q3. Do you prefer pockets or a bag?
For a few essentials, I definitely prefer the former option.
It provides instant and convenient access to small belongings.
For longer outings, though, a bag is much more practical.
It gives me enough room for everything I might need.

Q4. Have you ever lost something because you put it in your pocket?
Unfortunately, I've misplaced small items that way.
Once, I put some cash there and completely forgot about it.
I discovered it much later while changing clothes.
It was a relieving surprise, although I felt rather forgetful.


---

10. USING REUSABLE BAGS

Q1. Do you usually use reusable bags when shopping?
Definitely, I normally take one along for grocery trips.
They are sturdy, spacious and environmentally friendly.
The same one can be used repeatedly instead of being discarded.
It has gradually become part of my normal routine.

Q2. Why do you think people use them?
I think environmental awareness is one major reason.
People are increasingly conscious of the damage caused by plastic waste.
These alternatives are also durable and economical in the long run.
They provide a simple way to adopt greener habits.

Q3. Did people use reusable bags when you were younger?
Certainly, although they weren't usually associated with environmental concerns.
Many families simply reused old cloth or shopping bags.
The main motivation was often saving money and avoiding waste.
Today, the same practice has a much stronger ecological purpose.

Q4. Do you think enough people use them in your area?
I think their popularity has increased, but there is still room for improvement.
A considerable number of shoppers now bring their own carriers.
However, some still depend heavily on disposable alternatives.
Greater awareness could encourage more sustainable shopping habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 — Mixed Chart Template

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 — Mixed Chart Template INTRO The given … illustrates …, while … presents … . OVERALL At a glance on both, … wa...